Precautions for carbon monoxide detector

User:JXCTUpload time:Dec 03 2021

Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless. It is a highly toxic gas and is often detected by carbon monoxide detector.

We often see it, especially in winter. Someone in a certain area slept at home because of a cold and burning charcoal. Unknowingly, he was poisoned by carbon monoxide.

I used to see a lot of gas poisoning, especially when using a water heater when taking a bath. If the doors and windows are not ventilated, it is easy to be poisoned by carbon monoxide.

In the early stage of poisoning, the poisoned person generally does not feel much. When the poisoning is moderate, symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and weakness begin to appear. But when people realized the poisoning and struggled to get up, open the door, and open the window. Only a few people can do it, and most patients will quickly experience convulsions and coma. If they are not treated in time, they may quickly suffer from respiratory depression and die.

Carbon monoxide is very common in our lives, and carbon monoxide poisoning is our common gas poisoning.

Therefore, it is particularly important to be able to accurately detect the content of CO, which requires the performance of the carbon monoxide detector to meet certain standards.


When installing the carbon monoxide detector, be careful to stay away from places with lots of oily smoke and dust.

2.Dust removal.

When the instrument is used for a long time, a lot of dust will accumulate on its surface. This kind of dust will seriously affect the sensitivity of the instrument. Therefore, dust should be removed regularly to keep the instrument clean.

3.Moisture proof.

Humid environment will also affect the sensitivity of the instrument, and may even cause the instrument to fail to detect. Therefore, you should always check whether there are any water droplets in the instrument and wipe it dry in time.


When cleaning the carbon monoxide detector, avoid using detergents or solvents to wipe the instrument. This may damage the internal components of the instrument and cause certain chemical reactions in the materials of the detector.


Maintenance personnel should regularly check whether the carbon monoxide detector is in normal working condition, so as not to know if the alarm fails.